2. Some of the Service is supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions, and you hereby agree that Miskatonic University may place such advertising and promotions on the Service or on, about, or in conjunction with your Content. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising and promotions are subject to change without specific notice to you.
3. You acknowledge that we may not always identify paid services, sponsored content, or commercial communications as such.
5. The Service contains content owned or licensed by Miskatonic University (“Miskatonic University Content”). Miskatonic University Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and, as between you and Miskatonic University, Miskatonic University owns and retains all rights in the Miskatonic University Content and the Service. You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Miskatonic University Content and you will not reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, sell, license or otherwise exploit the Miskatonic University Content.
6. The Miskatonic University name and logo are trademarks of Miskatonic University, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Miskatonic University, except in accordance with our brand guidelines. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Miskatonic University, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without prior written permission from Miskatonic University.
7. Although it is Miskatonic University’s intention for the Service to be available as much as possible, there will be occasions when the Service may be interrupted, including, without limitation, for scheduled maintenance or upgrades, for emergency repairs, or due to failure of telecommunications links and/or equipment. Also, Miskatonic University reserves the right to remove any Content from the Service for any reason, without prior notice. Content removed from the Service may continue to be stored by Miskatonic University, including, without limitation, in order to comply with certain legal obligations, but may not be retrievable without a valid court order. Consequently, Miskatonic University encourages you to maintain your own backup of your Content. In other words, Miskatonic University is not a backup service and you agree that you will not rely on the Service for the purposes of Content backup or storage. Miskatonic University will not be liable to you for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services, or the loss of any Content. You also acknowledge that the Internet may be subject to breaches of security and that the submission of Content or other information may not be secure.
10. It is Miskatonic University’s policy not to accept or consider content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials other than those we have specifically requested and to which certain specific terms, conditions and requirements may apply. This is to avoid any misunderstandings if your ideas are similar to those we have developed or are developing independently. Accordingly, Miskatonic University does not accept unsolicited materials or ideas, and takes no responsibility for any materials or ideas so transmitted. If, despite our policy, you choose to send us content, information, ideas, suggestions, or other materials, you further agree that Miskatonic University is free to use any such content, information, ideas, suggestions or other materials, for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services, without any liability or payment of any kind to you.
Reporting Copyright and Other IP Violations
1. We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
2. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. Send an email to email@example.com to report any Copyright Infringement.
3. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.